**As this resource is the brain child of countless youth volunteers, please take three minutes to fill out our pre-book survey here: bit.ly/L2Sprebooksurvey**
This is the full-color PDF version of the Letters to Strangers youth-for-youth mental health guidebook. The physical copy is available for purchase as a separate item.
The world's first-ever youth-for-youth mental health guidebook! In this book, we cover the A to Z of mental health in style. Featuring lots and lots of art submitted by young people around the world, an appendix with countless do-it-yourself resources, and a global approach to mental health, we guarantee that this guidebook is unlike anything you've ever seen. We are proud of our intersectional approach: every identity-focused chapter is written by and/or extensively reviewed by youth and leaders of that community. Though some chapters will be less globally-applicable than others (it is impossible for us to describe every country's healthcare system, for example, so we decided to just use the U.S. as a case study), this book for the most part is designed for a global audience. And though it is called youth-for-youth, practically everything in this book is relevant for people of all ages. Mental health, after all, affects everyone.
This book's features:
- Written entirely by 14- to 21-year-olds and reviewed by experts and medical professionals
- Input of 50+ people around the world, from Tunisia to Bhutan
- Almost 1000 citations of scientific papers and websites
- 2 years of collecting stories and interviews
- The 1st comprehensive dive into race/ethnicity & mental health in the U.S. since the surgeon-general’s report in 2001